instructor'sThe test cover charge is a multifunction charge levied as part of our administration fees. The test cover charge enables us to maintain the capacity to be able to rebook or move a test when the student has not been able to take the driving test for any reason not associated with a fault by the student.
The student is entitled to claim in terms of the test cover charge when the following conditions are satisfied;
1.) Whenever Best Driving School London has booked a practical driving test for one of its driving students;
2.) The test cover charge was levied as part of the administration fee;
3.) A Best Driving School London-appointed instructor was/is appointed (as part of a driving course) to take the student to the driving test.
4) the Test Cover charge is only applicable to damage incurred by the car during the driving tests itself, while the car is under the control of the driving examiner. The Tesct Cover charge does not apply to damage incurred before or after the driving test.
5) A signed statement by the driving examiner and a dated photo of the damage incurred by the car, during the test, would be required to claim for damages so incurred
The test cover charge will come into effect under the following circumstances;
- The test cover charge is applicable if this has been levied and paid as part of the invoice submitted to the student and,
- if the test cannot be taken, because the instructor's car has broken down or has been found with a defect which prevents the student's test from going ahead or,
- if for any reason, the instructor is ill, or there is a traffic hold-up, or the instructor has for any reason whatsoever been unable to take the student to the test /or,
- the DVSA has canceled or moved the driving test at the last minute and inadequate notice has been given for the cancellation or moving of the practical driving test by the DVSA.
- The car is damaged during the test itself. While the car is under the control of the driving examiner. The Test Cover charge does not apply to damage incurred before or after the driving test.
- The test cover charge will not come into effect in the above circumstances should the instructor arrange a replacement driving instructor and/or vehicle to enable the student to take the test.
Normally, with sufficient notice, Best Driving School London can replace the instructor and or the car as circumstances dictate. Although we make every effort for a driving course and a subsequent test to be taught and supervised by the same instructor, there are situations when this is not possible. The student accepts that the choice of instructor and car is solely at the discretion of Best Driving School London.
In case of an accident during the test;
- All costs, associated with insurance excess or minor damage to the instructor's car are also covered by the test cover charge.
- Any reasonable expenses associated with the transport of the student to and from the incident involving such an accident are also covered by the test cover charge.
- Proof of payment or a receipt would be required to reclaim the expenses so incurred
- Included in the test cover charge is formal legal advice in case of an accident during the test.
- To claim damages so incurred we require a signed statement from the driving examiner that the car had been damaged during the test itself, stating
- The name and assignment number of the driving instructor
- Reference to the area(s) that were damaged.
- Additionally, a dated photo of the damages so incurred would be required
If the DVSA examiner is not available or the test is canceled due to inclement weather conditions the test cover charge can also be invoked to the following extent;
- In these situations the instructor's time is void, (the hours allocated leading up to the test and the actual hour for the test) and the student is entitled to use the instructor's time allocated for the test for tuition purposes.
- The test cover charge entitles the student to have his test rebooked and managed under the Best Driving School London system as previously affected.
- Best Driving School London will further assist the student with the administrative process of any claims which may come about through the cancellation of the practical driving test by the DVSA. This will include legal advice and the preparation of the necessary forms and documentation for the claim.
Invoking the liability as imposed by the test cover charge is limited to the situations and terms as explained and laid out herein.
Definitions of terms as used above;
- Instructor; the DVSA qualified instructor provided tuition and supervision by Best Driving School London for the student.
- The test; refers to the practical driving test which has been arranged with the DVSA.
- DVSA / DSA; the Driving Vehicle and Standards Agency (previously referred to as the DSA.)
- The car; refers to the car that has been made available for the test by the instructor so that the student can take her or his practical driving test.
- Best Driving School London; Best Driving School London Ltd as represented by its staff.
Minor damage; this is damage to the car that falls outside the insurance cover which the instructor has covered under his normal insurance policy.